Manucourt’s commitment to keeping residents & staff safe
In recent weeks, the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) has turned our world upside down.
Our thoughts go out to everyone who has been affected by the situation. COVID-19 is the greatest challenge of our generation, matched only by the challenges faced by many of our residents in wartime.
In those times, humanity rose to the occasion and prevailed. We have hope and confidence that we will collectively fight this new war with determination, love, empathy, kindness and good understanding.
At Barton Lodge and Woodley Grange, we have carefully listened to advice provided by the government, NHS & World Health Organisation and have implemented measures to keep our residents and staff safe during this time. The decisions we have made were difficult ones, but the health and safety of our residents and staff are our top priority and we are profoundly grateful for your understanding and support during these uncertain times.
14th April 2020 Update
Over the last two weeks, as the gravity of the situation has escalated, we have implemented every precaution and safety measure available to us, to protect our amazing community. These measures now include:
- Twice daily temperature checks for residents and continuous monitoring for any COVID-19-related symptoms.
- Increased screening questions, as a result of new research, such as exploring potential-neurological symptoms (including loss of taste and smell)
- Training and mock drills for staff on how to deal with a COVID-19 case
- Increased social distancing between residents and staff members
- Separate isolation wing created
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) provided to staff members
As you can imagine and have probably heard about on the news, a lack of government testing and the asymptomatic spread of this virus has really hampered the healthcare sector.
Despite these challenges, we are humbled by the true devotion of all our wonderful staff and thankful to you all for your continued support and prayers.
Please rest assured that we will continue to do everything humanly possible to keep everyone in the Home safe.
11th March 2020 Update
To protect our residents and staff and limit the spread of COVID-19, we have taken the following actions:
- We have limited entry to only those who are essential to the running of the homes including carers, new residents, maintenance contractors and healthcare professionals. All family visits (unless of vital medical importance) and outside entertainment have been cancelled until further notice.
- We have introduced stringent entrance criteria, and screening for anyone who enters the homes.
- We have stopped all open days, events and day-care provision to limit exposure to outside sources.
- Delivery drivers have been asked to leave items outside the homes for staff to sanitise and quarantine any items before use.
- We have adhered to strict hygiene guidelines as laid out by the NHS and WHO
Our activities teams have been working extremely hard to keep residents entertained and stimulated, and we have plenty of fun and engaging activities lined up for the coming weeks.
We appreciate that the limitations on visits and show-arounds is difficult and we understand that during this time communication is vital. Therefore, for new residents, we have introduced virtual show-arounds and for existing residents, we have facilitated communication via Skype, WhatsApp and FaceTime. We have also increased the frequency of our newsletters and Facebook posts, as well as continued to contact families directly where appropriate.
Once again, we thank you for your continued support and understanding during this difficult time and we are excited for the day where it is safe for us to welcome families and communities back to Barton Lodge and Woodley Grange.